Monday, July 6, 2009

Extended Austen Challenge

I've decided to give in to my Austen obsession and take part in the extended Everything Austen Challenge. In addition to my previous list of 5 books and 1 miniseries to watch, here are the rest of the things I have in mind:

1. Watch Kandukondain Kandukondain an Indian take on Sense and Sensibility.

I've completed this and reviewed it. Thanks to all who took the time to read and comment. It really helps me keep going with the challenge :)

2. Read The True Darcy Spirit by Elizabeth Aston. I've read this a long time back and I don't think I liked it much. I figured a re-read won't do any harm though.

3. Watch Lost in Austen. Yes! I've been so looking for an excuse to watch this amazing TV miniseries again. I had so much fun with it!

4. Watch Northanger Abbey . I've watched this some time back too and I loved it. Can't wait to watch it again :)

5. Re-read Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding. This book is pure fun and hilarity and possibly one of the best Austen inspired books I've read.

6. Watch Pride and Prejudice starring Matthew Macfadyen and Keira Knightley. One of my all time favourite movies.

From my previous list:

7. Re-read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

8. Read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

9. Re-read Emma by Jane Austen

10. Read Persuasion by Jane Austen

11. Re-read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

12. Watch Miss Austen Regrets

I'm sure I will do more- I've been planning to watch Persuasion ( With Rupert Penry Jones) , Mansfield Park and Emma. In addition, I've always wanted to do one whole analysis with comparisons of all of Austen's novels, which I hope I'll find time to do within this 6 months. Plus, I thought I'd have some fun 'What would Jane/ Darcy/ Lizzie/Emma do?' polls and discussions, including discussions of Austen inspired movies and books. Time willing, this should all work out fine =)

Something Austen-related to share:


How cool is this mug !?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing that picture of the mug. I'm going to tweet about it!!

Kals said...

Go ahead :D I love the mug and I'm sure going to buy it if I manage to find it :)

Cecelia said...

LOVE that mug. am going hunting for it...

Anonymous said...

LOL... I went to the office today and discovered I had locked my keys inside yesterday and had no way to get in. The two guys I work with left today for a weeked cabin adventure with friends and the other girl inthe office has today off.

So - I came back home. Instead I am finishing up a couple book reviews, sending off winners of contest to publishers, organizing upcoming posts...

Your post is right on.... there is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. :)

vvb32 reads said...

Lost in Austen is fun. Great character make-overs for some.

Kals said...

I agree -vvb32! At first I couldn't quite accept the character makeovers, but once you just sort of go with it, it's a lot of fun :)

Bookjourney- I hope you have fun staying at home, Austen book in hand :)

Anonymous said...

That mug screams for a steaming mug of coffee or tea (or maybe a hot toddie?!!), a rainy day, and a pile of Austen-media. I love it! I will be really excited when you re-read Northanger Abbey so we can discuss more :)

Meg

Kals said...

Oh, I know! I can just imagine snuggling on a comfy couch, Austen book in hand, sipping tea with that mug while it rains outside! :)

I'm looking forward to the re-read. It's one of my favourite Austen books and I'd love to discuss it with you :)

Anonymous said...

I love love love this mug! Dare I ask where you got it? I am off to watch Lost in Austen again. Sigh and Yum.

Kals said...

I was just googling Austen-related merchandise ( I do that a lot :P ) and I found this. The link that I've given is where I spotted this mug. I wish I could buy it though.

Lost in Austen- have fun :D. Yum is right. I'm looking forward to a re-watch and reviewing it in full :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test